We are pleased to announce that the Van Houten Bequest has awarded funds to support the University in its First World War Centenary commemorations and activities. A joint bid submitted by the Public Affairs Directorate and IT Services department (who have a strong history in delivering digital WW1 collections) had over 15 supporting letters from across the collegiate University. Funds will be used to provide:
(1) A centenary web site (currently in beta) with editorial highlighting relevant events, activities, research and resources from within the University.
(2) The Oxford at War 1914-1918 Community Collection. Crowdsourcing the history of Oxford in the First World War, this specially built web site will invite colleges, museums, archives and members of the public to upload stories and digitised material relating to town and gown.
In addition support is available in the following areas:
- Use of central channels to share research, teaching resources, archival materials, projects and events over the centenary
- Training in using digital technologies for impact, outreach and public engagement
- Models to engage teachers, cultural heritage and the wider public
- Help in writing funding applications (that include a technical / digital output or digital engagement)
To contact us email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, for all press inquiries and events listings please visit: http://www.ox.ac.uk/subsite/first_world_war_centenary/first_world_war_centenary/